Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A few Caveman Camm quotes...

I quickly jotted a few Caveman Camm episodes that have taken place in the last couple of weeks. For those of you who haven't read my other posts on Caveman Camm (or my husband when he sleep-talks) they can be found here and here.

Last weekend I was going to a conference in Canada. I was supposed to print off some handouts before I left but as I was printing them I relized we had no ink. Camm was asleep, but I said out loud, "Oh no! We're out of ink." Camm perked right up and our conversation went like this:
Camm: "No worry, Moll. Canada have socialized printing!"
Me: "Uh, what?"
Camm: "Canada have socialized printing!!!"
Me: "Camm, I really don't think that's true."
Camm: "Yes! They have socialized printing."
He was acting adamant.
Me: "OK, dear, whatever you say."
(Photo is a compilation of this and this)
Since graduation, Camm's two student jobs have ended. He has another job lined up that starts in a couple months, but for the time being, I am going to be the only breadwinner around here. Apparently Camm asleep likes that idea. Here's our conversation about an hour after he'd fallen asleep:
Camm: "Moll, me no do stuff."
Me: "OK Camm, just sleep."
Camm: "Me no work. Me no go school."
Me: "That's ok babe."
Camm: "No, Moll. Tomorrow I have new identity."
Me: "Oh yeah, what's that?"
Camm: "Fat Camm!"
Me: "OK, and what does Fat Camm do?"
Camm: "He no shower. He no shave. He just sleep. He eat junk food. He drive everywhere. He wear Velcro shoes."
The Velcro shoes were the part that really got to me. I tried to stifle my laugh so as to not offend the tender-hearted Caveman-Camm.
Get ready guys! The future Caveman Camm with his new identity: FatCamm

One night I was awake and Camm had fallen asleep. Suddenly he bolted alert.
Camm: "Moll, I need to pee."
Me: "OK dear. You know where to go."
Camm: "No! I tired!"
Me: "Camm, don't pee the bed."
Then he started singing (to the tune of this hymn): "Choose the wrong! When the choice is placed before you! Choose the wrong!...."
At this point I didn't even know what to think. What was the wrong that he was planning to choose? Pee in the bed? But before I knew it he was headed for the bathroom. On his way back he came up to me, furrowed his brow and puckered his lips. Apparently that is Caveman Camm's way to say he wants to kiss me. I leaned forward trying to keep a straight face and kissed him. Without a word he was back in bed.

The other night Camm fell asleep on top of our bed with his shoes still on. I tried to slip them off without him noticing.
Camm: "Moll, me sleep tonight. Me like shoes."
Me: "I'm just taking them off."
Camm: "Me no sleep shoes."
And with that he rolled over and fell asleep.

Life never gets old with Caveman Camm around.

1 comment:

  1. This is good stuff! Now I kind of wish Ed had bad grammar when he talked in his sleep...

    ReplyDelete