Tuesday, March 20, 2012

11


Blog game Anna tagged me in:

THE RULES:
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Tag 11 people

11 random things about myself:
1. When I was 11 I ate high-tea at the empress hotel. When the waitress asked me if I wanted 1 lump of sugar or 2 I shrugged and said, "2 I guess". When the waitress left my mom asked what was wrong. "Well, its just that I prefer 5."
2. In high school on a standardized test I was asked to fill out what I wanted to go into. The first bubble listed alphabetically was Aeronautical Engineering, so naturally I marked it. (does any 15 year old have a clue what they want to do? Does any 25 year old who is about to finish her master's have a clue what she wants to do?). I was recruited by every engineering school in the nation. Apparently women engineers are in demand.
3. I can do a very exciting rendition of the poem "Little Orphan Annie" by James Whitcomb Riley. Call me if you want a performance.
4. I was Juliet in the 5th grade play. Robby Keener was Romeo. He also wrote me a love-letter when we weren't on stage.
5. Decided on sociology because it was one of the shortest majors. Ended up liking it, what a miracle!
6. I teach stats at the local college. If that's not random, I don't know what is.
7. My brother once made me a really cool Ninja Turtle costume for Halloween. I cried and refused to wear it. I'm sorry about that, Josh. 
8. Camm kissed me the day I got home from my mission.
9. One life goal is to set the Guinness World Record for most jumping jacks. Its set at 27000. Do you think I could do that?
10. Camm's on the other side of the country right now for a job interview and I REALLY miss him and I also hope that his interview goes REALLY well.
11. When people ask me what I'm going to do with my degree, I tell them I'll hang it on the wall. Beyond that I am uncertain.


Questions provided by the one who tagged me:
1) What's the most difficult conversation you've ever had to have? Tonight: trying to convince Ruby that even though she's teething she should still go to bed. Difficult because who knows what she understands.
2) What do you think about most these days? Wondering what life will bring after graduation.
3) What is something you wish people knew about you, but they never seem to get? I'm like, really cool. Just kidding.
4) If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be and why? Fish. Low maintenance. My favorite quote from "We bought a Zoo" was "I like the animals, but I love the people." I think I would restate it more as "Animals are OK, people are great"
5) If you could change your name, what would it be? WonderWoman. I don't think that needs any explanation.
6) Have you ever felt like you belonged in some other country or state more than your own? Where? Even though I've never really lived in oregon (except a few summers), I always feel at home when I go there. i think its just because its the one place that I have been to every single summer of my life (except for when I was in Peru on the mission).
7) If you could only see the world in one color for the rest of your life, what would it be? turquoise. I really like water
8) If you could take one object to heaven with you, what would it be? (besides photos) I assume that if photos are off limits, so are people. I can't think of anything I need. I assume we'll have what we need. So I guess I'll bring my 9th grade journal. I'm sure that's good for hours and hours of quality entertainment.
9) How would you spend your day if you had no T.V., computer, phone, or whatever electronic device you normally log your time away on? Probably should clean the house. Probably wouldn't. Probably would read.
10) If you could travel back in time to any day, what would it be? July 24th, 2008. I think that's the day I really started falling in like with Camm. we went on an early morning 15-mile run, then ate our guts out, went home for naps, then had a slip and slide party, and ended the night watching fireworks. it was just a perfect day.
11) If you could have any talent, what would it be? I'd have some hand-eye coordination (at least a little).

11 New questions for the people I tag:
1. Name the first School House Rock song that you can think of:
2.  Who is your favorite family member? Why? (and don't act like you don't have a favorite)
3. What was the first CD you ever owned?
4. What is your first memory?
5. Would you rather travel to S. America on a house pulled by balloons or fly on a magic carpet with a boy who was in love with you?
6. Something you're afraid of that you know is silly (but that you're still afraid of):
7. Tell me about the first time you signed up for facebook. When? Why? How?
8. Nicest thing someone has ever said to you:
9. Tell about a time growing up where you cried at school:
10. Would you rather sleep on a hammock or a blow-up mattress for the rest of your life?
11. If you could have a robot do one household chore for you every day, what would it be?

New 11 people I'm tagging:
I'm going to let you guys tag yourselves. If you feel like participating in the game, copy it down and then leave a comment saying you did it with a link to your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment