Thursday, January 12, 2012

SHOTS!

My friends with babies older than mine warned me that watching shots is so hard. Well, I'm tough, I reasoned. I can do this. It can't be that bad.
Ruby turned two months and we were off to get the shots. I went alone with her as I knew it couldn't be that big of a deal. 
In the waiting room I began to get nervous. You know that knot in your stomach? I said a few prayers under my breath and quietly prepared myself.
The nurse came out, "Ruby." I gathered my things and began the long journey back making sure to have the pacifier handy. "We'll put the pacifier down. They always spit it out anyway and it just gets in the way," the nurse explained as she removed Ruby's prized possession. 
The next few moments are too painful to recapture on paper, but here's a picture that was taken just moments after the shots.


Now I send Camm when Ruby needs to get shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment