Thursday, January 26, 2012

Brothers

One afternoon, when I was about five years old, my older brothers were left to babysit me. When my mom came home she found a mess in the hallway.
A couple of belts, an old Army blanket, and electric clippers.
"Hey Molly," she called. "What's this stuff here?
"Oh nothing," I replied. "Raymey and Josh and I were just playing a game."
"Can you tell me a little bit about the game," there was some concern in her voice.
"Oh, it's called worm," I explained nonchalantly, "No big deal."
"So," my mom inquired, "How exactly do you play worm?"
"Well, its easy, I had to lay on the ground and Raymey and Josh rolled me up with the blanket and put the belts around me since worms don't have arms or legs."
"OK. So did you like that game?" my mom was obviously worried.
"Eh, it was ok, until they told me that they had to shave my head because worms don't have hair. I was scared when they got out the electric clippers. But don't worry Mom, they only pretended to shave my head."

Raymey and Josh both have four year old daughters now. I wonder if they'll teach them the fun game of worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment