Thursday, November 8, 2012

Where am I?

It seems like in novels, every time a character travels they wake up not remembering where they are. Every time I read a book that says that, I think to myself, "That's ridiculous, how could they just not remember?" Yesterday I found out that maybe the authors of those books aren't so ridiculous as I thought.

Twenty minutes into our five hour road trip from the airport, we heard a strange sound and the heater stopped blowing. We rolled into our garage cold but alive at 5:30am. Ruby and I had to drop Camm off at work at 7:30am, so needless to say, there wasn't much time to sleep. After going all night trying to keep the car defrosted without a heater, we realized it was a safety must to have it repaired. I took it in to the shop right after I dropped Camm off. I rode the shuttle home and Ryan (the mechanic) said he'd call me when it was done.

When Ruby took her afternoon nap, I had to join in. I was exhausted. I collapsed on my bed without even pulling the covers over me. The phone rang and I groggily answered it.

Me: Halo!?
Ryan: Um, Ms. Clark?
Me: Si.
Ryan: I just wanted to tell you that your car is ready for pick-up so you can come in and get it when you'd like.
Me: Está bien. Venimos ahora.
Ryan: Um, what? Ms. Clark?
Me: Si. Soy yo. Ahorita venimos.
Ryan: Ms. Clark? I just wanted to tell you your car is ready.
Me: Si, ya sé. Ahorita venimos.
At this point I was getting SUPER frustrated. Why did this kid make me keep repeating myself? Why did he keep repeating himself. I had already told him three times that I'll be right there.
Ryan: I'm just calling to say that it'll be ready when you get here.
I was beyond confused. Why did this guy keep telling me the same thing over and over?
Me: Ya ya ya.
I hung up the phone. There was nothing else I could do.

It wasn't until about three minutes after I hung up the phone that I realized I am in the United States and I was speaking Spanish when the guy was speaking English to me.

The worst part was that I still had to go in and face Ryan. "Uh, sorry about the whole speaking Spanish to you on the phone thing. I guess I was confused..."

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR MY MOMMY BLOG BY CLICKING HERE. JUST ONE CLICK AND YOU'RE DONE. ALL THEY DO IS TALLY UP HOW MANY PEOPLE GET TO THEIR WEBSITE FROM MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment