Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Little Housekeeper

I had half of the kitchen floor swept into a nice pile when Ruby walked into the room. She doesn't talk, but from the look in her eyes and the jabber out of her mouth, it was as if she said, "Mom, let me take over!" and she reached up and grabbed the broom (at least twice her height) out of my hands.
"No problem," I said to her, "by all means."
Using every muscle in her tiny arms, she maneuvered the broom the best she could.
She's a determined little girl and the fact that she's a baby wasn't going to stop her.
She pushed my pile of dirt neatly under the fridge. When it was all shoved under, she handed me back the broom with a look in her eye as if to say, "Wasn't that easy? Why didn't you think of that?"
And now I think to myself, "You're right, why didn't I?"

1 comment:

  1. Another genius. I think we are born will all the smarts, but as we grow and learn to talk we lose our knowledge.

    ReplyDelete