Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Biggest Mistake I Have Ever Made

I was a freshman in college--at the college that the Princeton Review has consistently ranked the #1 Stone-Cold Sober school in the US. When hearing that, you'd think that it must be a school where students are well-behaved and don't do stupid things. You'd think...
The truth, however, is that if you put together a bunch of college students who don't drink, they are forced to be more creative at finding really stupid things to do.

It was me and Gillian. Gillian had moved into our dorms mid-semester and had definitely added any spunk that we may have been missing. She's the kind of girl who is always sure to make you laugh. We were laying on the bed in my dorm room - we both had homework to do - but that was at the bottom of the priority list. I don't remember our conversation exactly, but I think it went something like this:

Me: Have you ever chugged a whole 2 Liter of Hawaiian Punch?
Gill: No, but can you imagine doing it and then spinning around for five minutes afterward?

We were out the door before we knew it, knocking on Jayci's door next to us. "Hey, we need a ref and a timer for this game we're going to play!"

After a short stop at Cosmo's (the little store at the dorms), we were on the lawn chugging away. Then spinning around in circles. It was almost fun until I stopped spinning but I laid on the ground wondering when the world outside would stop spinning. It refused to. We had to crawl up the stairs to our third floor dorm room where I went straight to the bathroom and let the Hawaiian Punch go--that meant I lost the competition. But the world kept spinning...for hours.

So much for getting my homework done that day.
And so much for thinking that "Stone-Cold Sober" would mean not doing stupid things.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious! Everyone has to do something stupid in college, you could have done much worse!

    ReplyDelete