Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Snow day

I have the fondest memories of loving the snow as a kid. Snow meant sledding, tubing, snowmen, snowball fights, snow angels, and whatever else we could think of to do. It wasn't until I got older that snow meant freezing to death any time I went outside, sliding while driving, and overall misery.

When it snowed this year, I figured I should relive my childhood days of loving the snow with my little one.
We got Ruby all dressed up in her puffy hot pink snow coat and boots. Camm and I got equally bundled and told Ruby that it was time to go outside, have fun and build a snowman. We stepped outside and Camm and I got to work playing. Ruby stuck her finger in the snow for one second and realized she was not going to like this.
Despite her cries, we told her snow was fun and she needed to stay outside and have fun. She was too smart for her own good and continued to sob.
Maybe I won't be able to relive my childhood love of snow through her. Apparently she was born with my adult pessimism. What should I do about this?


Waving her hand and screaming "No no no!" as Daddy tries to hand her a snowball

PS-In Case you haven't heard, this week I'm doing a promotion on my facebook page. Whoever likes and shares the most posts off my page will receive their very own family portrait in stick figures. So click here and start liking!


PPS- CLICK HERE AND VOTE FOR ME ON TOP MOMMY BLOGS. ONE CLICK AND YOU'RE DONE. THEY JUST TALLY HOW MANY PEOPLE GET TO THEIR WEBSITE FROM MY BLOG. YOU CAN VOTE EVERY DAY. THANKS!

3 comments:

  1. My 14 month old LOVES the snow if you bring it inside. (Like literally fill a bowl of snow and let him play with it on a towel inside.) He is not thrilled about going out and playing in it though so I'm thinking it's maybe all the clothes we make them put on to go outside? Not sure what to do about it but I can sympathize with not wanting to feel like a marshmallow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I'll have to try it next time it snows...

      Delete
  2. My kids have all had to be close to 2 before they've enjoyed being outside in the snow.

    ReplyDelete